What information do you collect?
- Information you provide: - User information: your complete name, address, telephone number(s), email address; customer account number; professional position (such as Customer Service; Manager; Marketing; Owner; Purchaser; Salesmen).
- - Your Company information: name, address, phone number; billing address; type of business (i.e ASI/ Promotional Products; Screenprinter - Custom; Screenprinter - Contract; Embroiderer - Custom; Embroiderer - Contract; E-Retailer Printed; E-Retailer Blank; Uniform Dealer; Retail - Sporting Goods; Retail - Resort/Gift; Retail - Other; Other; Lifestyle Brands; DTG Printer; Entertainment Merchandising; Mill Account; School); additional information that you could provide regarding your company if necessary;Provincial Sales Tax number(if applicable); business registration number; number of employees; number of Annual Apparel Purchases (information optional); website URL (optional); Advertising Specialty Institution number (optional); Promotional Product Professionals of Canada Number (Optional); Independent Promotional Products Distributors of Canada Number (Optional)
- - Information regarding purchases.
- Information automatically collected and cookies.
- - Essential cookies: Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. If you opt to disable these cookies, you will not be able to access or use all of the features that the website incorporates;
- - Performance cookies: We use other cookies to analyze how our visitors use the website and to monitor performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customizing our offerings and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages;
- - Statistics cookies: These cookies enable us to understand how visitors interact with website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- - Marketing cookies: We use targeting cookies in order to be able to deliver targeted content.
You can set up your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies in your web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, some features of this website may not function, or your ability to choose certain options may be limited. If you would like more information about this practice and your options, you can visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How do we use information?
We collect and use information for business purposes. Certain employees will be provided with information about you in order to provide services or information regarding specific products. Our employees are instructed to use strict standards of care in handling your personal and confidential information.
From whom do we collect information?
In most circumstances, we collect information directly from you. In other words, consent may be obtained directly from you orally, in writing or electronically, and your consent may be implied or express depending on the nature and sensitivity of the information.
Can I withdraw my consent?
Under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, you may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. However, such refusal or withdrawal of your consent may limit or prevent us from providing you with, or being able to continue to provide you with, specific products or services. Also, you may withdraw your consent to receive any marketing messages from Northern Blanks by using our unsubscribe mechanism in each marketing email we send, or by contacting us.
With whom do we share Person Information? We will not sell, trade, or disclose to third parties any of the information collected on this website, except as follows: - Affiliated Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with our affiliated service providers, with whom we are affiliated so as to (1) performing services; (2) for security purposes and (3) for marketing purposes. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card provider to process your purchase. We also may share your Internet Protocol address to detect security breaches and protect against fraud. We also may share over the past 12 months your Internet Protocol address for advertising analytics and for contextual ad customization that does not involve or contribute to profiling. When we use affiliated service providers, we ensure that they maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards. If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
- We may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- In addition, we may transfer your Personal Information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information and other information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets
Where do we keep personal information?
Personal information is stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage Third Party (i.e. Canada or United States). Currently, the information is stored on servers in the United States.
How do we protect personal information?
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us. We maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the personal information in our possession. Furthermore, the destruction of personal information is performed using reasonably secure methods.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Even though we take all reasonable measures to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards.
How long do we retain personal information?
Subject to applicable laws, Northern Blanks will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or as long as required for legal or business purposes.
What rights do you have in relation to your Personal Information?
Under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, you are entitled to ask if we are processing information and, if we are, request access to personal information. There may be a reasonable fee if you require a copy. You are also entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold be corrected. If you discover inaccuracies in our records, or your personal information changes, please notify us in writing.
Requests to access your personal information must be made to us in writing. We will respond to your request within the applicable legal established time limits or give you written notice if we need more time to respond. To exercise any of these applicable rights, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact us?” section.
How to contact us?
For any questions or comments about this policy or personal information, to make an access or correction request, to make a complaint or to obtain information about our policies and practices with respect to any service providers outside Canada, please contact: email@example.com